Saturday 24 January 2009

A Giant Yarn Egg

I've finally made a start on my resolution to make 2009 all about improving my knitting skills... I've signed up to Ravelry (username: bugsandfishes), bought my first bit of yarn for the year and started with a nice simple project.

It's chunky scarf that's as basic can be - cast on, knit knit knit knit knit until it gets long enough and cast off again - but (I hope) a stepping stone to greater things. Walk before you can run and all that. Here's one evening's progress...
... quite satisfying, really. And goodness, just so relaxing!

I'm knitting it with a gigantic and highly bargainous egg (not a ball, definitely an egg) of dusky purple yarn which my visiting mother insisted I photograph beside a normal egg, heehee: It looks slightly ominous really, as though something unexpected may hatch from it at any moment but fingers crossed it will merely produce a nice cosy scarf. More knitting updates soon, no doubt...

4 comments:

Pair of Writers said...

Knitting is definitely relaxing, and I like that you can watch a favorite show or movie while doing something creative.

I have limited knitting experience - I have found that a straight row is much easier than those darn curves and corners! Good luck to you on your new hobby.

Rhiannon said...

That is an impressive egg - and I love the colour

I really should get on to ravelry, but I worry it would mean even more of time would be spent procrastinating when I should be working!
x

Brook said...

yay I love ravelry!!! my name is brookowens on it!!!

Knit Sew City Girl said...

Hi Lupin,

What a coincidence, I've just signed up to Ravelry too. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your knitting now. Hee! Hee!

I've also given you two awards, have a look at my blog for details.

Mary